Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Too Hot

It is so incredibly hot - except that this is South Georgia in June so it is to be somewhat expected, though not readily embraced. We went out to Uncle Bubba's Oyster House for dinner tonight to celebrate our nephew's 16th birthday (where has the time gone?). We ate outside, which was tolerable with the pleasant breeze coming off the water. But by the time we left - around 8:30 or 8:45 pm it was still hot and humid enough to make one sweat between breezes. At 10:00 tonight the heat index was 105. Ridiculous. We arrived home and promptly found two spiders and two palmetto bugs in our house (eek!)... my only guess is that they, too, were trying to escape the heat outside!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

We're TOO HOT down here on the Island!! Our AC stopped working today...it's HOT! Thank goodness it's not August!