Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Fry is Falling! The Fry is Falling!

Today, as I sat in the soft play area of the Oglethorpe Mall, a French fry landed on the floor a few feet in front of me with no one standing nearby. I don't know where it came from. I glanced around and didn't notice anyone looking impishly guilty. I don't know why I didn't walk over and pick it up to prevent some innocent little kid from eating it off the floor. I just sat there, contemplating it. And then, suddenly, a sparrow flew down to the carpet, looked around for a split second, grabbed the fry, and flew up and away. Seriously. It was very surreal. After a while I saw the little guy again and watched him flit into the yummy pretzel shop, no doubt looking for some cinnamon and sugar pretzel bits.

No comments: