Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Angel in the Corner

The other night as I was saying goodnight to Will, he said he needed someone to sleep in bed with him because he got scared. I told him he was a big boy and that we couldn't sleep in there with him. I reminded him that he has a bunch of stuffed animal friends to snuggle with and that God is always with him. Then I added that God has His angels watching over us all the time. I wondered to myself whether Will would find that tidbit reassuring or too interesting to allow him to sleep. Suddenly he looked up and pointed to the corner of the room and asked, "Is that one right there?" It's hard not to laugh sometimes when kids are so sincere! Will did manage to fall asleep shortly thereafter.

No comments: