Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hatching Chicks

The kids are on Spring Break this week, and my sister-in-law, Heidi, is in town with some of her family. So today we headed to the Oglethorpe Mall to visit the Chick Hatchery. Anna and Will were so excited to see the little freshly-hatched chicks - as they love all animal babies - and even got to hold them. Evan liked the little chicks, too, but I kept him at a distance for the protection of the chicks, of course! They had incubators there with brown eggs ready to hatch, but unfortunately we didn't see anyone breaking through their shells.

After visiting the chicks, we whiled away some time at the mall... a little playtime at the Soft Play area, a visit to the children's section of Barnes and Noble to look at books and play with trains, then climbing on the rides at the Food Court (Anna and Will still enjoy the "rides" without money in them!). There's a carousel in the Food Court now, which we decided save for another day.

It made for a nice outing, followed up with a beautiful afternoon for playing at the neighborhood park. I love springtime!

No comments: