Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What's New

The saga unfolds... the air conditioner is not fixed yet. We need a new coil, which, of course, had to be ordered and won't arrive until Friday. Removing wallpaper has been quite a drawn-out procedure, the worst casualty being the hall bathroom where the drywall is looking more than a little tattered. That bathroom had at least three different layers of wallpaper and multiple layers of paint that did not want to be removed. We will be victorious in the end - after repairing the drywall.

It's hard to imagine we will really live in the new house one day. I guess I was not called to be an interior designer, because I have trouble visualizing the make-over being completed. I am confident the house will look great when everything is done, but it can be tough to really believe it will all get done when it is such a mess right now.

In other news...
  • Anna was great in her ballet recital, where she and her friends danced as little flowers - too cute!
  • Jon and I enjoyed a fun evening out recently, joining my boss and his family/friends and my coworker for dinner at the new Bull Street Chophouse, which was very good.
  • I caught up with my sister Laura on the phone recently, and had a great time chatting, which we hadn't really done before.
  • Will has started using the potty!

So, overall, life is good... even if it's a bit messy and unpredictable.

No comments: