Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Pirates in the Square

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood... mid-70's with a slight breeze, pouffy clouds across the sky, and pirates in the square. Yes, pirates in the square. I was walking to my minivan after work this afternoon, strolling through one of the squares downtown where my office is located, and there in my path stood two pirates chatting. They were friendly enough (one never knows what to expect of pirates after all), greeting me with "Ahoy!" One of them commented that no one takes him seriously after I chuckled. Must be tough being a pirate these days. I'm not sure where these pirates came from, as I have never seen pirates around there before. Maybe they had strayed away from the Pirates' House Restaurant or maybe they hopped off a ship down at the river. It was fun to see them anyway!

No comments: