Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone! Have you made any resolutions? I haven't had a chance to sit down and reflect on life yet to see what I want to do differently this year. But I do want to do something differently, or different. Maybe Jon and I will conquer some home improvements; maybe I'll take up a new hobby; maybe we'll actually take a vacation! Pretty exciting stuff there! Maybe I'll discover a secret method for getting your three-year-old to stop whining for good, market it to the world, and make millions! Hmm... I'd better get busy on that one.

Anyway, our Christmas was lovely, if a bit busy. Jon has family in town visiting so we've been spending lots of time with them, which is nice. Anna is very sad to see that some people are taking down their Christmas lights already ("but they're so pretty!"). Will is happy to play with his trains and trucks... and flashlight. Jon gave Anna and Will each a flashlight, and they love them! Will is funny because he hasn't mastered the idea that he controls where that circle of light shows up. The light will be pointed at the floor and he'll try to step on the circle, but then he inadvertently moves it and he can't figure out where it went, and then it mysteriously appears again. Quite comical!

No comments: