Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is upon us again, and visions of pilgrims and natives and turkeys dance through my head. I suppose it all started with a simple, undeserved act of kindness, extended across cultural bounds, that proved to be life-saving and life-changing. With that in mind I offer up my thanks to the Giver of every good and perfect gift:

for the seasons that remind me that everything has its time,
for the little yellow and orange leaves that crunch beneath my feet,
for your Word that speaks your love to me,
for your people whose lives have pointed me to you,
for my precious children who teach me so much about myself even as I try to teach them,
for my failures as a mother that cause me to marvel at your perfection as a Father,
for my loving husband who makes me smile,
for beautiful music that stirs the soul,
for the vast sky that reminds me I am small,
for family and friends who surround us with love,
for children's giggles and bear hugs,
for furry wiggles and wagging tails,
for blessings numbered like the stars,
for freedom,
for love,
for life.

Yes, it all started with that undeserved act of kindness, extended across cultural bounds, that proved to be life-saving and life-changing... Thank you for the cross.

No comments: