Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Friday, November 26, 2010

Being Thankful

Thanksgiving. So much to be thankful for...

My family, of course. Everyone says that, right? So it's easy to skip over it kinda fast - it's such a given - but really that's what makes us humans tick. It's the source of our greatest joy (and heartache)... our relationships with others. I can't get over the richness my wonderful husband, my three kids, my parents, in-laws, and out-laws bring to my life.

For loving friends, good health, cozy home, good food and sufficient "stuff."

For our minivan that didn't need transmission work after all, a plentiful supply of multi-colored leaves for the kids to play in, crazy pooches that bring extra laughter (and sometimes aggravation) to our home.

For the smell of leaves in autumn, the rustling sound of wind in the trees, the contagious giggles of children.

For the peace that surpasses all understanding, for the hope of a better tomorrow, for this grace in which I stand.

And most of all, for the love of the Giver of Every Good and Perfect Gift, who fills my life and my heart in more ways than I can possibly comprehend. To God be the glory. Amen.

No comments: