Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Friday, January 29, 2010

A Refreshing Trip to the Vet

Yesterday I took Lucy, our boxer, to the vet. Dog people love Lucy; non-dog people, not so much. She is classic boxer... a fun-loving, exuberant clown who wiggles her whole body in greeting, and then jumps up to lick your face! She loves everyone - unless you upset her by knocking on our door or skateboarding outside our house, though she'll still likely lick you if given the chance. Anyway, we were off to the vet!

For some reason it occured to me to ask my mother-in-law to watch Anna, Will, and Evan during our vet visit. And an amazing thing happened. I had a delightful, relaxing, almost retreat-like time at the vet's office sans kids! I was able to give my attention to my big sweet dog, let my mind wander, and sit peacefully waiting. It was so easy!! No negotiating who gets to hold the leash, no settling of disputes about the seating arrangements, no wrestling with a squirmy learning-to-walk nine-month-old who wants to put everything in his mouth. Just me and my dog in harmony with the universe.

Obviously, I don't get out much by myself!

No comments: