Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Friday, November 20, 2009

Conversation with Will

Driving in the van the other day, Will commented that one of his friends had been mean so he didn't want to be his friend any more. I explained that everyone can be mean sometimes (even my precious little Will!), but we can still forgive them and be friends. I said the only one who is never ever mean is God.

"Except for that one time," Will replied.

"What??!!" I asked, bewildered.

"God was mean one time," Will insisted. I asked when that was, and Will answered, "When he sent that fish to swallow Jonah."

Ah... God, theology, the world through the eyes of a child! And the fun we parents have in trying to help them sort it all out!

No comments: