Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, Thanksgiving is upon us. What are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for my family - my wonderful husband, two great kids plus one on the way, caring parents who raised me, inlaws who accepted me, and "outlaws" who welcomed me after so long. I'm thankful for friends and my church family. I'm thankful for my job and my home and the assorted "stuff" of American life - cars, food, clothing, heat/ac, electricity, running water, etc. I'm thankful for the turkey with which we will stuff ourselves on Thursday. I'm thankful for the United States of America - land of the free and home of the brave - where we have liberty to pursue our dreams thanks to the wisdom and foresight of our founders. I'm thankful for music and art and the beauty and wonders of this amazing world in which we live. Most of all, I'm thankful for my God, Giver of every good thing, Provider for all our needs, Hope of the nations, Light of the world, Maker of all.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: