Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Earth Day

We went to an Earth Day celebration today in Savannah, which was a bit disappointing to me. Maybe we hit it at the wrong time when they were between events and interesting things. There was a stage set up for live performances, but all we were treated to was some hip hop artists (which did not quite correlate with saving the planet and going green in my mind). There were lots of informational booths and a place to bring your recyclables. And that's about all we saw. Bummer. Where were the Native American dancers, organic food booths, recycled junk art for sale, composting demonstrations, pagan/nature religion/Wiccan outreach booth, games for kids to teach them to turn off the lights when they leave a room or how to conserve water? They could have done so much... Alas! But it was a beautiful day to be outside anyway, and Anna and Will got to play on the playground and pet some dogs at the park.

No comments: