Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Friday, February 15, 2008

a poem

in the busy of my life...
sounds of happy, sounds of strife.

anna's singing over there,
will is climbing on a chair,
lucy barks at passersby,
dixie, too, not knowing why.

now around the table they go,
anna first with will in tow.
pushing trucks or pulling toys -
some of childhood's many joys.

happy times are here to stay
'til one takes the other's toy away.
then the tears will surely fall
with yelling or hitting - not nice at all!

sometimes we laugh, sometimes we cry.
days may be long, but the years do fly.
see them run and color and hold the cup?
there they go, growing up.

No comments: