Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Friday, October 26, 2007

Anna Ballerina

Ok, so Anna is loving ballet class, although she complains that they often do "that boy dancing" (creative type stuff like dancing like a grasshopper, etc) instead of "princess dancing" a la "Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses." She has threatened to teach Ms. Paula (who used to dance with the London Ballet) and class how to do princess dancing, but has not yet done so. :) Tomorrow Anna will attend the first rehearsal for the "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" performance, which she surprisingly wants to do considering she doesn't normally like to draw attention to herself (although I remember enjoying being in "The King and I" in community theater when I was in maybe 4th grade even though I was "shy"). Anna and the other 3-year-olds will be mice and then girls at a party; she's excited about dancing with the bigger girls.

Yesterday I was on the computer and Anna came in and told me she started up her own ballet school in the kitchen and wanted to know if I'd like to come. Who can resist that?? She proceeded to demonstrate various twirls and such for me to imitate, and then she provided feedback on my performance. It was very cute... and nice to see that entrepreneurial spirit at such a young age!

No comments: