Hello!

Welcome to my blog... a place where I share my thoughts and observations of life and this crazy, wonderful world. I write my two cents about how I see things, but I would love to hear your comments and feedback. This could be a safe place for constructive dialogue and friendly discussion. I've always loved Thomas Jefferson's quote, which graces Clark Hall at my alma mater: "Here we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it." So "come now, let us reason together" (Isaiah 1:18).

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Festival Time

Today we went to the Medieval Festival at Oatland Island Education Center (which is a cool place with a walking trail and wild animals to view - Savannah's mini zoo, sort of). It was a beautiful day, and it was fun to see people in their costumes and all the activities. They had the "Whack a Knight" activity for kids, which was funny... kids were given these soft "swords" and costumes and then they got to whack away at an adult dressed as a knight... it was hilarious! Anna and Will were too little for most of the activites, though. We did wait in line for over half an hour to ride a pony named Ms. Bullet (she followed Bullet around the circle - I guess they're a couple). Anna and Will rode together and really enjoyed it. Then we waited in another line for half an hour to buy hotdogs. But overall, we had a nice time. Before going to bed tonight Anna asked when we could go to the "Weevil Festibal" again.

I wonder if there is a weevil festival somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised. There is a bollweevil monument in Enterprise, AL where my sister-in-law Rose and her family live. The town celebrates the bollweevil because it got their economy out of cotton (by destroying it), which turned out to be a positive thing. Anyway, I love all the festivals that pop up this time of year... Octoberfest is coming, the Bamboo Farm will have their fall shindig, shrimp/seafood festivals in Beaufort and Richmond Hill, the Greek Festival (opa!), Jewish Food Festival, etc. And maybe somewhere someone is being festive about weevils!

PS - I'm not sure why, but the date and time are wrong on my blog. I am actually writing this on Saturday, Sept 29 at 9:57 pm. Weird!

No comments: